the long promised post

the Lombardi Latest....

well, its about 2:30pm on Thursday and all my papers (for this week) are completed, I still have some reading to do for class, but i've got 4 hrs..so I thought to myself.."why dont I take a break and blog?" because I know all my faithful readers are anxiously awaiting to read about all the cool, important things going on in my life right now :o)

my spanish research is underway..can i tell you how cool interlibrary loan and the worldcat is? I mean ive always known what they are, but acutally using them-for example, getting one of only 3 copies of a book that is located in Spain, for free!..thats pretty amazing...not that im using that specific book..all the ones I'm looking at are in like minnesota or illinois, not so exotic, but still-my professor has a book that there are only 2 copies of in the entire world.

Let it be known that I began laundry last night, and if you know me very well you know that I love to fold clothes, but absolutely despise putting them up...so im very pleased to announce that there are no clothes (dirty or clean) scattered about my bed, dresser, chests, floor or desk. All clothes are in drawers and on hangers-gold star for me!

Since its been a little bare photowise at alombardi.blogspot.com Ive included some random pictures from break [of which I know I never got around to posting about after my first week] & fun changes for me (ie..my straight hair and studious glasses)









so after christmas tour de texas in a nutshell: from college station to denton, traveling all around the Metroplex to austin and la grange and everywhere in between, I had a great time getting pedicures with Libby (notice the design on big toes) , iceskating with caley, dinner & scavenger hunt with friends for New Year's and the most awesome wedding after party ;o)

most of you that read this are on my email list, but by if for some chance you did not know, my dad's quadruple bypass surgery last Friday went amazing and he is at home recovering. I haven't talked with him in a couple days..everytime I call he's sleeping, but mom says he's doing good and walking regularly! please keep him and mom in your prayers.

the countdown to Spring Break has begun..because well in officially a month from today, one of my most favorite people in the universe is coming to see me..yea for inclusion into my North Carolinan life! So far Dad and Mom are the only ones to see me in my new environment. not that Greenville is a booming, way exciting metropolis, but at least the new Sheetz will be open by then..plans possibly include the beach and roadtripping to DC.

Another big development these days is my whereabouts come May..after much prayer, consideration & even completing my homework assignment on it, I've made the decision to come back to College Station as long as TAMU accepts me as a non-degree seeking student..which I've gotten the go ahead, im just waiting on paper work now. Dont know the when or how, but i'll get there sometime :o) it will be great to be back in Texas!

So there ya go..i shouldnt have to post for another week..content and photos..2 points for me!


grace & peace,
alisha

1 comments:

  1. Anonymous said...

    so i was going to call you, but was afraid you might be asleep, sooo, *snaps* for the wedding after-party :) and YAY for you coming back to CS - i'm so super pumped, it's not even funny, btw, we have an opening in our house come august, so if youre still around and need a spot...the tamu water tower pic was a nice touch, haha!