hmm..

so i wrote another post that i thought about posting, but its sitting in my draft box, because i really dont know if its public worthy...but in leiu of what happened in class tonight..i think it might just stay in the draft box or just get deleted...anyways..the setting for my dilemma is this:

tonight in class there was definitely a heated discussion about a topic that takes a little too much time to go into (orientalism..just google or wiki it) anyways, comments were said, some people probably said too much too passionately and some comments could have been clarified better as to not hurt feelings/offend or disrespect the guest professor..who i think got a little more than she bargained for...back to class, many left frustrated, worried and a little irritated. my point: discernment or discretion. As educated adults, we, you would think should know when and how to comment on something that is appropriate and intelligent has compared to something that is irrelevant or inappropriate...needless to say..this has left me wondering if my "frustration" in my draft box..my venting session put to paper, really needs to be shared or if it shall remain just an outlet of my feelings...

my conclusion: after rereading everything i wrote in the "draftbox article" & processing my thoughts today & tonight, i realized while I feel my opinions and thoughts are valid, clear and applicable & appropriate-..it doesnt live out ephesians 4:29 well. while I was in Columbia a couple weeks ago, Danny & Laura's sunday school teacher taught on the foundation of communication...and that was his princple verse "do not let any unwholesome talk come out of your mouth, only that which is edifying to others, that it may give grace to those who listen". that has stuck so close to me these past weeks....which I will admit, that last week, I was not walking well in it..more than once my filter was off & I was responding with "I didn't mean it like that...did i really say that?"

anyways, thats all
and no, i'm not gonna tell you what i wrote about-quit being nosy

grace & peace,
alisha

1 comments:

  1. Unknown said...

    Girl, what a blessing you are - through your blog! Thanks for the encouragement and the reminder to grace other's with our words. I had forgotten about that lesson and definitely did not give grace to Danny with my language. You're a blessing! Keep studying hard.