on the road to beautiful

if we all had theme songs..i think this would be mine right now.

I crumble at Your kiss and grace
I'm a weakling in the dust
Teach me how to cling to You
With all my life and all my love

Father come to me, hold me up
'cause I can barely stand
My strength is gone and my breath is short,
I can't reach out my hands
But my heart is set on a pilgrimage to heaven's own bright King
So in faltering or victory I will always sing

And on the road to beautiful
My seasons always change
But my life is spent on loving
know You in Your power and pain

Father come to me, hold me up
'cause I can barely
strength is gone and my breath is short,
I can't reach out my hands
But my heart is set on a pilgrimage to heaven's own bright King
So in faltering or victory I will always sing

You're my portion in this life
You're my strength now in my fight
And to You I pledge my heart
In the pain and in the dark
I'll love You


in this new season for me, a more eternal perspective is needed for my day to day responsibilities..i think thats the hardest thing to walk in-finding eternal perspective in a day by day, moment by moment faith.
i'm also thankful that self-control is a Fruit of the Spirit, not Fruit of Alisha.

feeling philosophical:
Say for instance you have one of those math problems where train A is going 60mph and train B is going 45 mph they are headed towards each other and you have to figure out where they have to meet, it doesnt matter how fast they are going with Jesus, they will meet when HE wants them to-sure with math & physics or whatever you can prove that at such and such time they will intersesct, but its all the cities they pass and people aboard the train that matter; our God is a relational god, personal, alive, active, constant and in control of all circumstances.

i dunno if this makes any sense, but lately i feel so caught up into where i'm suppose to go next, i'm forgetting to look out the window.

grace & peace,
lish

0 comments: