oh my...

so i can not believe that i forgot to update about this..
i guess this shows how ingrossed in work i can become once my weekend is over...

last Friday....went home to see the familia-i had a rough week and was craving some familial lovin'..so mom cooked spaghetti & had banana pudding icecream with bananas on hand (my favorites)..it was glorious...so i come in Friday afternoon and couldnt find anyone to have lunch with me-which just put me down on my luck..because i come into CS tryign to feel loved & just get rejected by like million people..okay, only 4, but still...Friday afternoon was great. I hung out with Meghan & Trisha, caught up on their lives..i cant believe my "kids" are jrs! next i went to my favorite roomie's new casa...quite loverly, me & Tracy gabbed for an hour or so..good times-its times like those i really miss living with girls :) anyways..went back to the house for dinner & then heres the "exciting" part

...after dinner Caley goes to work and Mom, Dad and i are left with the evening to ourselves & thus begins the Dianna/Vince battle over the tv and plans for the evening...mom wants to walk, dad wants to clean & watch tv..mom wants to do anything BUT watch tv..and so forth they go on and on, while i'm in the pink chair cracking up-a typical married couple & me on the sidelines-cause while its funny to me, its their normal behaviour :) so Dad gets tired of Mom and goes to the bedroom and Mom and i are left alone in the living room...30 minutes later Dad comes out and then Mom leaves...so then its me and Dad and he thus proposes "hey, you wanna go to the nursing home & meet our friends?"
you see, Mom and Dad have started this "ministry": every Wednesday they go to a nursing home by our house and spend time with elderly people who dont get visitors. well..more recently theyve started playing dominoes & have worked up quite a social network at the home...so, with nothing else to do i say "sure, why not? what else are we going to do?"
we go to the nursing home where i meet 1. Mrs. Barbers, who has alziheimers..kinda in short term memory loss form..while its sad that shes in that condtion..she keeps great spirits & even manages a joke here and there about herself..plus you just have to laugh when she comments "its a wonder i can find my butt every day to wipe.." or "how do i know you? who are you again? when did you get here?--over and over again. Mom and Dad have been going every week for like the past 2 months & she never remembers them. #2 Mrs. Nobels, she was cranky, from what Mom said, something has been bothering her so she hasnt been herself..but she was pleasant enough and good at the game and then there was #3 Johnny..he was quite an amazing dominoe player...he could've fit right in with the men here in the projects that play all the time..and i think a time or two he was wanting to slam them down to get his points (which is apparently what youre suppose to do)..but he refused unfortunately. Dominoes was great fun, i seemed to get really good hands & felt bad for schooling them when none of the peeps i was playing with were in their right mind, but everyone got a chance to go first & somehow we always tied;)
After game night, mom and i picked up a movie while Dad cleaned (Fever Pitch..it was good, clean, pretty funny)-when everyone was accounted for again at the house we popped it in & settled in for the night. not really what i envisioned my Friday night to look like, but it was fun nonetheless.

its interesting how something so trivial (the visit to the nursing home) could mean so much...i mean Mom was telling me how the nurses tell them that Thursdays & Fridays are great days for the people they visit at the home because they just go on and on about their visitors..and all i did was play dominoes for and hour and a half-which is something i enjoy doing.

i love my weekends at home...they tend to be more random and spontaneous, which is good since i dont live there anymore...Saturday I had the house to myself, had lunch with Anna (i always try to get in a Cheddar's meal when i'm in town), then Saturday night Caley and i hung out..we went to DQ so i could get the 4-1-1 on her trip to Seattle & life...nothing better than your sister & a rootbeer float....we went by sweet's but it was crowded & we just felt awkward..weird how 4 months will "grow you up"

so that was my weekend..its weekends like those that make being a Lombardi so great...i love my parents, my sister & brother..and even Boots too :) they are wonderful people..not cause their my family and i gotta love them..but deep down they want the love of Christ to pour from their lives at all times. Home will always be "where my mom lives" :)

grace & peace,
lish

0 comments: