making the grass greener

so the past couple of weeks have been significantly better, i can even venture to say that B-town is kinda growing on me...dont take that as "i'm lovin' it here" but its one of those things that could be worse.
work has been work, i had my first sunday school lesson, that minus the cd player not working, went really well..it was harder than i thought it would be because the group of kids is very diverse, and i thought they would border more on the older than the younger and that wasnt the case. worship was jacked up, thats all i can say to describe it; but thankfully the Lord answered my prayers and today in staff meeting i was able to share my heart and marcus and chris were very understanding..so i'll keep doing it for a couple more weeks and then my worship duties will end.
for those of you that are wondering, my coaching debut was a success! a tie (8-8) and a win (7-3)-not too shabby, eh? the second game was pretty intense for 5-8 year old peewee roller hockey, but we managed it.

i might have touched on this before, but a lot of the "brenham getting better" has to do with me consiously decided not to attend personal pity parties. its hard because me and my selfish nature want to say "look at me, see all i do? feel sorry for me..", nor do i see the fruits of my labor...but it doesnt work like that. i'm to be the salt and light in every situation no matter what my feelings say...and thats what so great about Jesus, He doesnt work off of feelings-He's constant & always in control, unconditional and sovereign.

this is definitely going to be a good week. micah is coming on Thursday! and then.....drum roll please....my LIBBY will be in CS this weekend..i dont know if i'll be able to keep my excitement contained until then, i might just burst! ya know those cheesy best friend necklace you get in like 2nd grade..well this amazing girl has the other half of mine..yup thats right, Libby and I will be reunited for the weekend & i cannot wait. i have missed this girl so much..phone calls & emails definitely do not make up for face time! and i also get to go to a women's conference with my mom, my other best friend, i'm looking forward to it, it will be a good refreshing weekend of renewal & fun!

some more thoughts passing through my brain:
i really want to be overseas at this moment
how to get my spanish fluency back up to par
what the rest of my work week will look like with the boss gone
new neighbors in the complex who are kinda friends
how to be friends with someone who you really dont immeadiately click with, especially when they really want to be your friend
whether or not i should eat a bowl of bluebell
who my first bf will be
looking forward to caley moving here


anyways, i miss my "crew"
you guys have a great week
grace & peace,
lish



0 comments: