the gym & simplicity

so i joined a gym. i went for the first time tonight..for the following reasons.
1. to avoid awkwardness...my thinking, its a small gym, not very many people in Brenham should be there...
2. to avoid males..again, my thinking, its 9:30, the gym shouldnt be crowded & if by chance there are people there, they will leave me alone..we're there to work out, not carry on conversations
3. working out late makes me sleep incredibly well....
conclusions: going to the gym at 9:30 does not prevent
1. awkward situations from happening
2. creepy Christian boys trying to subtly figure out how they can get your number without actually having to get it
but it does
allow for a good nights rest
apparently my gym is a hang out for a couple of the BSM kids because one of the guys works there. one good thing that happened was that i was invited to a Bible study on Friday & a prayer meeting on Sunday, not to mention how incredibly sore i'm going to be tomorra morning-but thats a good thing right?

lifes been very convicting lately. Taking my head out of the self-pity i've been absored in, things look clearer, not better or improved, but liveable i guess. its all about "feeding His sheep". I love Him and aim to keep His commands, its as simple as that for me right now, and does it ever really have to get more complicated than that? the more i examine my walk with the Lord, I realize I have such a simple faith, and its that simple faith that i feel is put into question by my fellow brothers and sisters here, and it frustrates me...so pray for that-my pride takes that and runs to Satan with it and its bad news all around when that happens.

going to bed.
sending lots of love out across cyberspace.
grace & peace,
lish

1 comments:

  1. Unknown said...

    Hey! I found your blog (basically accidentily by going from blog to blog to blog . . . you know how the web works!) and was really excited! I didn't know you were working with Marcus & Chris in Brenham. Chris and I have swapped ministry ideas for several years - as I was doing inner city in Bryan and he was doing it in Brenham. Welcome to the adventure! You'll be amazing.

    Danny & I are now in Greenville, SC and I haven't quite found my ministry nitch here, but the Lord is faithful! Keep pressing on friend.

    the new Laura Stiller . . . the former Laura Reeder