so work at the honors program office is a bit more "formal" than the international house, but i think im going to enjoy it; John, my immediate supervisor is quite the professional. i have my own desk (well, i share it with the other GAs, but i'm the only one that works on Wednesdays) and the work is fairly simple, I just do whatever John or Dr. Bassman, or the other advisors tell me to do. I'll be working 9-2 every Wednesday so that will give me plenty of time to start readings for my classes and catch up on news. Today I answered the phones and arranged some activities for when our elementary school kids come to campus.

the plasma donations have been going well, except the fact that my veins are weak..so it kinda looks like im a drug addict, because i've been poked so much!

i guess life in greenville is almost routine. im slowly getting to know the people in my classes and building relationships at church. but as a whole, the loneliness has crept up on me, seeping into the little things-that, at the end of the day make it feel like its been a bad day. i havent "lost it" yet, you know the just-need-to cry-&-start-&-then-cant-stop? so i guess thats a good sign, but there have been a couple nites where probably given 5 more minutes i couldve. Its a weird feeling i carry around..cause ultimately i think its loneliness, but im surrounded by people all the time, and am interacting with them. and its not a not wanting to be here, because i really am enjoying the work and the classes, while i complain about all the reading, i am excited about it all. so, needless to say, i think its just typical moving to a new place, but for some reason it feels different than all the other times i've been away from home and friends.
anyways, keep me in your prayers..ive gotta get back to working....

grace & peace,
lish

0 comments: