a bi-topic post



first, let me say that im officially in Greenville, NC

my new address is
1014A Brownlea Dr.
Greenville, NC 27858

for those of you who like sending mail...

the drive was long, Dad and i stayed in Nashville (thanks again Jeffs!) on Thursday night and then hit the road again Friday morning, arriving at my new pad around 7:30. unfortunately, Tyron did not make the trip safely..he had to be taken to the mechanic Monday morning, once we got him to stop smoking and running in a quasi-drivable way. thankfully, it was not as bad as we thought (it was looking like an overhaul on the transmission) but PTL, he just needed flushed and some more transmission fluid, I was a very lucky girl!
Monday was quite a long day for me as i had to ride my trusty bike everywhere, boy did i get a workout in the heat! I went to the grocery store that night once i got Tyron back and Tuesday was spent running errands and then i spent the afternoon and evening refinishing my dresser. its not quite done, still needs a coat of seal on it and then i'll have its picture posted for yall to see. im quite impressed with myself seeing as its my first attempt to re-do something..stripping and sanding it was a little harder process than i thought it would be.

Today i took care of some more errands like utilities and a new bank account. I started doing some inquiries about school stuff and have some more leads to look into tomorra. Grad orientation is Saturday I found out, so i'll be checking that out in the morning and then the plan is to check out the Outerbanks..aka the beach! and theres a possibility that Ms. Kayla Glasgow might come out for a visit..we'll see (shes been working in Winston-Salem, which is about 3 hrs west of me...but still on my side of the country!); that would be all sorts of fun and exciting...you know? someone that i'm actually real-life friends with :) as opposed to the only daily people interaction i get is when I got the the store and run errands...i'll make friends soon..no worries. I've actually found some churches i'm going to check out in the next couple of weeks..sadly none of them have Wednesday night serivces, but one does small groups so i'm really looking forward to visiting there...

so onto the second topic of my post.
i just wanted to take the opportunity and thank all my wonderful friends for making my last days in College Station memorable. Marla, Faith, Emory, Charlotte, Mik, Tracy and Didi & Lisa May, thanks for coming out to dinner and girls i had a wonderful time on the "scanvenger hunt"!

summer is such a different kind of time. its a break from everything and you meet people you most likely never see during the year because for the most part everybody in your "normal" core group of friends has spread out doing different things...so heres to my summer friends and softball buddies! i pray the Lord's blessings over yall as you head into the new school year!

my phone and email are staying the same...please keep me updated with whats going on in your life as i will with you!

grace & peace,
lish

0 comments: