grad school full force

my first week of grad school is over and i already have quite a work load, and i've only been to 1 class!
Friday night was spent with some chinese and mgmt. i read til my brain was mush..you know the point where youre reading but the minds isnt processing anything that your eyes are reading? i got about 75% done, which i was happy with.
Saturday was spent at the beach, Atlantic Beach, close to Morehead City; we took a group of 30 exchange students & got some surf boards and i had my first surfing lesson! the surf was pretty flat, which means no good. unfortunately, the East Coast so far is not my favorite. While, beautiful and cool, I had a horrible allergic reaction to something during my time there and finally today, the rash for the most part has gone away.
After church, I set up camp to finish up mgmt for my first class tomorra night and then started in on global issues..the class that will consume most of my time looking at the syllabus.
Work at the international house is slowly picking up. Until the middle of october, I will be manning a table 2 days a week from 11-1 at ECU's rudder fountain/msc breezeway equivalent recruiting students to study abroad. and then there will be other various projects that i'll be working on.

In other news, I've started a Bring Alisha Home Fund. and its not what you think....:)

This fund is my savings for airplane tickets for my visits back to the great state of TX. So if after prayerful consideration, the Lord leads you to give, or for some reason you have a tree that money starts growing on, or youre at a loss as to what to do with the extra income youve ended up with..please make checks payable to Alisha Lombardi and include BHAF in the memo line :) cash and all major credit cards are accepted as well :)

thats all for now, this study break is coming to an end.
its back to globalization...and hey..i'll include an interactive/educational part for all my faithful readers.

Please give me your own definition of what globalization is.

grace & peace,
lish

0 comments: