A weekend with Mom


Friday Mom and I headed to the North Carolina State Fair and filled up on turkey legs, the ferris wheel and their famous fried Coke...yup, deep fried coca-cola, quite the experience. The overall general experience wasn't as "backwoods/redneck" as I thought it would be, but there were a far share of sketchy characters in participation. The weather was gorgeous and our hotel was one of the nicest ive ever stayed in. Before heading back to G-town, we grabbed a slice of cheesecake at the Cheesecake Factory and came home and vegged on the couch..watching (and I know I shouldnt admit this) 8 hours of Lost, Season 1.

Sunday we went to church and then I was tour guide for the afternoon, walking downtown and through campus. We caught a movie, One Night with the King (a movie on the story of Esther), that afternoon and then came back home.

It was great to have my mom around and im pretty sure she enjoyed getting to see where my "new home" is.

grace & peace,
lish

3 comments:

  1. Unknown said...

    Ok, so Danny and I are headed to the SC state fair this Friday. Growing up in Dallas I am convinced that nothing will ever top the Texas State Fair, but these people here love their fair! I'm glad to hear I'm not the only one who's scared of the rednecks! Ah. And on a side note - when Danny and I first moved to Greenville, SC we discovered lost and spent every night, into the wee hours of the morning, watching Lost and then hating ourselves when we had to get up for work the next day. So, you're not the only ones who've gotten suckered in! Glad to hear you're enjoying NC.

  2. micah said...

    Hey, i've got a friend who's an extra in that movie!

    I'm glad you had some quality time with you mom, and I'm very interested in how this deep fried coke thing works.

  3. Anonymous said...

    By the way, Greenville, NC is not your "new home", it's where you're staying right now. Home is in CS.... I had a WONDERFUL time in NC. hugs, mom