from sunset to sunrise

So "life is highway, I'm gonna ride it all night long..."-thats the motto of this trip: ALL NIGHT LONG

my trip to Jackson was quite uneventful-me and my luggage (minus my travel pillow) arrived around 6:00, I ate with Valerie's friend Anna and her family...her and her husband Grant are really cool and they have 2 really sweet kids. I hung out with them until Val got into Jackson which was until 11:00pm. Once home we crashed. Overnight was when things decided to get crazy.
We woke up Monday morning and her car wasn't ready, so we couldn't leave as planned..and so we waited, and waited, and waited and then waited some more. Val had so much grace and patient with the mechanics and we were finally on the road at 6:30pm in Val's mom's Explorer (Thanks Claudine!) cause her car still had problems. So we drove straight through the night Mississippi to Alabama, up to Georgia, South Carolina and finally to my soon to be new home of Greenville, North Carolina.

Here in Greenville has been quite exciting already. i met my roommate, Brandi, shes going to be a grad student in the fall studying Public Health. I think i'm gonna like her a lot and think it will be good living with her. We got ourselves a nice little duplex close to main campus..and its pretty cheap. Tomorra im meeting with my advisor and meeting some peeps in the department and then we'll be heading up to Baltimore, MD.

well, we're gonna find some grub.
grace & peace,
alisha

1 comments:

  1. Will said...

    Good times driving across the country! Take lots of pictures and post them online soon!