for the 2 readers of this blog...worship on sunday went surprisingly smooth. watching our congregation meet was the Lord was a privilege for me. yes i was extremely nervous, but hearing them respond to the Lord comforted those fears. the chris and alisha band will most likely be the interim worship peeps (tour dates have not been set) until a partime non staff member replacement is found..(if we're still looking). The Lord continues to stretch me pretty thin; the amazing thing is that i think an ordinary alisha would be a little overwhelmed, but i surprised myself in staff meeting today when Marcus asked me how everything was and how i was handling the responsibilties..see sundays will now consist of a pre-service sound check, then i have to set up the nursery, make last minute adjustments for meal prep and service, teach the preschool lesson during the prayer service, the drive the tour bus to pick up church goers in 3 neighborhoods, get them to church in 30 minutes and then co-lead the congregation in worship....not to mention all the after-service duties...so back to how i am dealing with everything...how did i respond? with a "good, i'm just depending on the Lord; all this stuff is required of me, so i have to depend on His strength to get it done...theres not a choice about it". which after saying it, surprised me because Sunday at 230..i was plum exhausted...which stirs mixed emotions for me because with all the jobs and responsibilities, church tends to lean more on the work side than worship and meet with the Lord time. and this now makes me wonder about my new role in the Body. If sunday is a work day for me, then how am i to be fed?, since it will have to be done outside of the normal church service..yes the Lord continues to speak to me through the message and i do meet with the Lord while i play, but it wasnt (at least yesterday) the intimate level i've experienced in the past...and is that where my heart was yesterday or is that how its going to be? Ministry is an interesting thing. The harder i work, the more i learn they need to make a "Ministtry for Dummies" book. i dont think ive ever been in a place where almost everything i do is an experiment, a step of faith in a possible right directions and at any moment, my plans are subject to destruction and complete failure-being sure of nothing but having absolute confirmation that this is where i'm suppose to be.
pray for the afterschool program. pray for kid's church. pray for facilities. pray for Mission Brenham. pray for me-the lonely girl in Brenham who needs a friend.

as a conclusion, my blog probably isnt going to have much variety. most all my thoughts and experiences these days center around Mission Brenham. my fears and joys deal with the every day battle of living here in B-town. with time i know a development of friends and socialness will make this site a little more interesting, but for now..bear with me.

grace & peace,
lish

3 comments:

  1. Andrew said...

    If I'm one reader...who's your other reader?

    Anyways...you've touched on the quandry of ministry? How do you continually give of yourself without going crazy? You are constantly expected to teach others but at the same time you are responsible for your own growth. And unfortunately no one has concocted a formula to make it easy. Except as Paul says -- "For all who are being led by the Spirit of God, these are sons of God." (Romans 8:14). So good luck!

  2. alisha said...

    thanks for the encouragement..okay, so maybe youre my only reader :)

  3. Will said...

    I, too, join Andrew as a fellow reader of the blog.