denying self

I will trust
I will obey
I will follow where you lead come what may
I will die to myself and my cross I will take
I will trust you, I will trust you
I will trust and obey.

Singing this song in church yesterday brought a whole lot of conviction. Chris and i led again, it went a lot better than the first time & it was just us..me on the keyboard & vocals and him singing...very simple..anyways, it was quite an inner struggle of will during worship singing this song, because honestly, i dont know if i really am living those words, but the turmoil came because as a co-leader, i needed to sing them-to lead our congregation in meeting with the Lord..then that creates this inner circle of doubt, fear, conviction, shame of if i cant sing those words geniunely, then what am doing leading in the first place? I long to be able to have the strength and confidence to, but every step i take i feel i get weaker and weaker in my faith. no matter how much i know, theres something in my heart that chooses not to accept it in various trials and circumstance...so back to my knees i go-knowing and believing that the Lord will reveal what He needs to in His perfect timing, asking for the wisdom and strength His love provides.

grace & peace,
lish

0 comments: