its done

well, its official, as of 10:38 Tuesday morning, I, Alisha Marie Lombardi, am finished with my college education at the fine university of Texas A&M. finishing my last paper isnt a huge monumental feeling like it i thought it was going to be..but its exciting nonetheless.

this past week has been a fun one, spending time with friends-everybody and their grandma's dog had a birthday this past week-so we were dancing/partying it up like it was 1999. its getting a little be weird thinking about leaving-or rather everyone else leaving College Station. i mean it seemed like yesterday i was a freshman and stepping into All Faith's on a Thursday night for the first time to go to Upstream-who knew that most of my closest friends would come out of this group..only our precoius Lord. When thinking about this college experience I've had here at TAMU, I can only praise the Father for His mighty hand for guiding me..giving me freedom & then sometimes having to shove me hard in His direction.

I'm looking forward to the summer and the fun/crazy time i'm going to have at camp..in Brenham..after my adventure last summer, i'm kinda glad i'm staying stateside-its always good to get away from this bubble I live in, but at the same time my family is extremely important to me. Caley and I havent gotten to hang out a lot & that makes me sad. shes gotten a job & with me finishing up everything with school we just dont have the time..hopefully this next couple weeks we'll have quality sister bonding time!

This innercity thing kinda scares me a little bit, but i'm ready for the challenge. I've never done anything like this before and i think this is really gonna teach me a lot about being in the mission field; I got this book that the director gave me to read before camp. Its about this guy and the innercity ministry he started in Brooklyn, NY..it looks really good-i'm excited about starting it..so continue to check the blog..i'll be updating it throughout the summer.

thats all for right now, i'm trying to keep this pretty light & cheerful seeing as in about a week it will be full of posts about loneliness, how sad my life is since i'll have no friends in College Station, this & that-really my life isnt & wont be that bad..but we all have that subconsious need to make our lives seem more dramatic than they really are; why do we do this? i realld dont know...get back to me about that
anyways,
grace & peace, lish

0 comments: