okay..so i just had to share this coolness.

My job this summer at the daycare has been a little more stressful than i imagined. The flexibility of my hours and inconsistency of tasks really threw my attitude, habits & mental stability out of whack. I've been praying long and hard about what to do come the school year, because i have to work & I want to do well in school and I just didn't know what i was suppose to do.

So, after some more prayer. I called up the bus barn-and they could hire me back. Good news. so then i have the issue of the daycare? I sit down with my boss & well, there had been a lot of miscommunication and so i needed to pray and figure out where the Lord wanted me. I know the Lord wants glory in my grades, He wants me to spend time with Him, He wants me to not worry and be stressed out and last honor my financial responsibilities.

More prayer. His answer was to not do the daycare and I would trust that He would provide because with only driving those yella-dogs, i would be on an pretty tight budget. Then came 3 openings: 2 part-time & one full time. I submitted my resume. now the waiting.

Today I gave my official resignation at work. It went better than I couldve asked! (thanks for the prayers mom!). still nervous, because I'm still waiting, right?

And then, heres the cool part: 2 hours later, I had a phone interview with the Christian foster/adoption agency i applied with & I'm hired-headed to Austin tomorrow and Friday for training and hopefully starting home visits Monday! While I can't depend on this job as steady income, (its technically "contracted"), I will be able to breath easier every month. PLUS, I'm really excited about getting to be part of meeting needs and giving precious children loving homes! Man, I'm definitely excited about this ministry because ever since i can remember, i've always wanted to be a foster/adoptive parent..but what an opportunity this is: to be there first hand!


okay. thats it, back to cooking some dinner!

grace & peace, lish

0 comments: