way behind...

my apologies faithful readers...it seems a full time job where i actually do work & playing hard this summer has taken away from my updates. i never dreamed i would become a blogger that hardly updates this thing...

its been a busy month..i did give you the update on the muddy buddy...

so memorial day weekend we planned to go out to lake bryan & ride bikes..but due to rain our plans were thwarted...and that became the theme of the week..due to the rain we couldnt do ______...but i watched a bunch of movies, relaxed, played some 42 with the parents. the next weekend I headed out to Waco/Meridian for a reunion with the one and only Libby Leatherman. We camped it up at Meridian State Park complete with grilled hotdogs, Dr. Peppers, 2 thunderstorms, the longest walk ever and quality conversation. man i love that girl!

what else do i also love?
Living Hope.

I've been regularly attending since the move back & am going to join-i love this community. its refreshing, honest, and home...I went to Hope Group for the first time last week. We helped at the food bank & then headed over to the Palermo's house for dinner and Bible study and it was an awesome time to think about our mission field and sphere of influence in our daily routines & lives.

This past weekend Val and I took a little roadtrip out to San Antonio. Her aunt had free tickets to Fiesta TX;...her aunt's cooking was amazing, enchiladas, guacamole, rice...mmmm & a little cake to celebrates val's bday. Saturday morning she cooked us eggs & pancakes with coffee, orange juice & fruit..and then we headed off to the park. overall..we had fun, but for the most part it was frustrating..2 of the big rides we rode were broken..we waited for 2 hrs on one & 1.5 on the other AND got stuck while we were ON the ride!!! boo.

Yesterday was Val's 22nd bday. i'll post pictures when i get my camera back. good times: balloons, streamer, fajitas, icecream cake, friends & a birthday crown.
Valerie & I built a cake...yes built. A castle cake. It was an experience. I never want to be a professional cake maker.

This weekend my family is headed out to my granpa's...hopefully I'll have some pictures if we get to do the power parachuting..its like flying a go-cart in the air....anyways..i was suppose to do it at christmas but the weather was never good enough.

me, Val, my sister and one of her friends are taking my 13 yr old cousin to Schlitterbahn in two weeks..we're way excited; more on that later.

other fun summer things:
we attended free float night at sonic
ultimate frisbee
jj's sno cones
tuesday morning pancakes
lunch & doogie howswer, md.


okay..well, I have to get ready for work.
hopefully i'll start updating this more frequently...but mo promises :o)

2 comments:

  1. Valerie said...

    i love the summer! it's been so much fun hanging out with you.

  2. Will said...

    i miss me some JJ's! and i'm not talking about the liquor store. hope all is well in cs!!!