so i'm live from brandon, MS. i'm on vay-cay!
we drove in last night/this morning at 2am..
everyone's gone for right now and i thought this would be the perfect time to update somethings ive been on mind my mind lately...that i know are eager to leave the brain! so here's a serious post..

i love that life is an adventure. that i've learned to keep plans in the back of my mind..of knowing what i would potentially like to do with my life, but knowing full well that is all the Lord's and i've been given TODAY to glorify HIM.
it makes me excited that life is an incredible adventure and challenge-that i'm a messed up girl in need of Christ, but with Him NOTHING is impossible.


God is great and gracious. This community is a blessing. Last week, on Thursday, I had a really busy day..I had to open at the daycare, and then immediately babysit 3 girls (who are quite a handful) and then after that go to the bank so I could go to SuperWalmart (urgHh) for work..come sitting the motorbank, I was give out: stress and it seemed my to do list was just getting longer..this story does have a point....so in the midst of making a deposit at the ATM, I drove off and left my check card in the machine...yes thats how tired I was! BUT praise the Lord, the couple behind me, followed me into the SuperWalmart parking lot to return my card to me...who does that? i mean not that they would have tons of access to a load of moolah, but still...i was so overwhlemed with gratitude and awe..only the Lord couldve orchestrated that.

So Valerie got a slackline for her bday. in a nutshell: its like a tightrope except done with webbing. sunday after the rain, we set it up in the parental's front yard. and the Lord really taught me something. You see, the trees werent the best for setting it up at the height we needed & the wet grass made the webbing slippery. anyways, as i was attempting to balence on it with my left leg the whole contraption was shaking almost uncontrollably. Val was spotting me, and she kept saying "committ. put you other leg on and committ." so I tried, knowing full well that i wasnt putting all my weight on my legs, i still wanted the security of the ground. and what happened? i fell off, got wet and snapped my foot on the webbing, breaking my baby toe. And the Lord was saying "i need you to committ..all the way". not like a get saved, but a give Him all parts of me. I've ended up in a rut of complacency which for me is really easy to do without routine and my independent self which i know is sin. my daily schedule is always changing so its been hard for me to the time to the Lord He deserves. sin. i give some of me, but not all and its hurting me..and my broken baby toe is a sweet reminder to spend time with Him. i confess my schedule & pride is a sin and i want more intimacy.

following this honesty, I want to talk about communication. I think in the multimedia world we live in, its easy to fall into the trap of not confronting and trying not to communicate well. our culture is one of people pleasing and not "stepping on toes" which is so harmful and deterrmental to relationships. Biblical communication requires grace and truth, its about preserving love-real honesty that betters all who listen. I know i'm not the best communicator. I naturally flee from confrontation, but i'm learning that its not a bad thing and i can communication in a way that expresses my hurt/anger/frustration in a way that is not hurtful, angry or disrespectful. communication invovles having grace, patience & love from beginning to end including words, meaning, tone & volume. Communicate in a way that serves-that bring listeners closer to Jesus.

okay..that wraps it up..my plan is to be at the film workshop by noon..can i do it? maybe! more fun posts this week about making movies & the beach.

alisha

0 comments: