i smell like baby.

so, I'm back working at the daycare.
man i feel old.
my babies I had in the infant room (my very first room) are graduating this week...it was pretty funny though when I was getting on to some of them and they looked at me and said "how do you know my name?!?" & I responded with "I used to change your diapers!"

sometimes its hard for me not to feel a little bit lame about going back to my first job when i'm really qualified for more challenging work..but I was really encouraged after talking with Ken. He was so excited to see me & loves having me there...just to be at the center..whether floating or in a room or in the office...because he knows my heart and passion--that i want to the kids & staff to see Jesus. I'm gonna be a more behind the scenes kind of gal, trying to make the center more efficient...yes its quite a task i have!
this (daycare) is definitely a hard environment to work in, and after being there an hour i could see the burnout & frustration on all the teachers faces--and the Lord has graciously given me the patience to love aggieland despite the hard times, to love on the kids, and have a godly attitude. and i will continue to pray for more as the summer & semester continues.

man, i've missed kids.
and today i got to play with some really sweet ones.
i love it...taking care of kids...mmm, good times minus the baby vomit & poo.

grace & peace,
alisha

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous said...

    yay to you being back! :) (and back with babies!)

  2. eDOT said...

    I sure like the look of your blog.
    The internet is certainly a great
    to have a great witness to many.

    If you're interested, I've posted
    some blog links (including yours -
    hope that's alright) of others who
    are doing the same...