i've been tagged....

so apparently i've become part of the game begun by Living Hope bloggers...The way it works is i'm suppose to share 5 things you dont know about me...which is a bit hard, because all of you know me very well, nor am i very "mysterious"...but i will try to come up with things that arent well known about me and then, I get to tag 5 more people who have to do the same...and thus the sharing never ends...so

1. when I was 2 years old, I was diagnosed with a small, mild form of cerebal palsy. Apparently, there is a spot on my brain the size of a pinhead that is dead, which caused me to not walk right. I had surgery, was in physical therapy and wore a brace until I was about 5. I remember it was not fun...especially having to wrap my huge cast in trashbags for bathtime. Miraculously, I surpassed all the drs. expectations and in the end my parents said enough to the drs, the Lord healed me, so I could be a "normal" kid again. So today, there are no symtoms..except when my body is really tired, and then only I am aware of them.

2. i love learning. being in grad school is a lot of fun for me. (yes, i've done my share of complaining about the work load) BUT i really do like learning new things. while my research papers were tedious, reading through all my articles was really insightful and interesting. i love gathering information...which probably contributes to my love for books. basically, im a closet nerd. i think i would be perfectly happy if I could go to school as a career...discussions, aquiring knowledge and reading, writing, critically thinking & anaylzing...

3. i would love to be in a band for a little while. You know-the staple girl singer?..thats what I want to do. i think it would be so fun...new places every night or so, concerts, bus rides, roadies, groupies.

4. I've never been kissed, yes like the movie, but in fact totally, 100% true. hopefully, by the Lord's gracious will, the one and only lips that will touch mine are going be the man I marry, whoever he is. i'm so thankful for the protection the Lord has placed over my heart throughout my life of singleness. its a wonderful gift I have to give from the Lord.

5. I love playing 42. I learned how to play at A&M, typical of most aggies. We'd play all the time, Micah carried them in his car. Tracy frustrating everyone with her designs & silly team names, table talk-good times. The strategy, competitiveness, risk, chance -a great game..we'd teach someone, just so we could have a 4th if we were short a person. Helena House rules, as they were known: no low except on force..really the only one we religiously followed. oh how i miss those nights.

okay..so now you know a little more about me. I tag valerie and ashley r (maybe they'll get back into blogging), micah james, william and sarah seefeldt

have fun!

grace & peace,
alisha

3 comments:

  1. David said...

    We have to play 42 again. Maybe when you come to Houston next.

  2. micah said...

    ...and now I've been tagged. sheesh. :-P

    does it count that I already knew 3 of your 5??

  3. alisha said...

    it still means you have to do it mister.
    cant wait to see you!