Psalm 111

Praise the Lord.

I will extol the Lord with all my heart in the council of the upright and in the assembly.
Great are the works of the Lord, they are pondered by all who delight in them
Glorious and majestic are his deeds, and his righteousness endures forever.
He has caused his wonders to be remembered; the Lord is gracious and compassionate.
He provides food for those who fear him; he remembers his covenant forever.
He has shown his people the power of his works; giving them the lands of other nations.
The works of his hands are faithful and just; all his precepts are trustworthy.
They are steadfast for ever and ever, done in faithfulness and uprightness.
He provided redemption for his people; he ordained his covenant forever-holy and awesome is his name.
The fear of the Lord is the beginning gof wisdom; all who follow his precepts have good understanding. To him belongs eternal praise.


I confess lately ive forgotten. ive been caught up in other things and the Lord is patiently waiting for me to get a clue. 3 separate times today i read "be still and know the Lord..", think He's trying to tell me something?
In my initial mental preparations for moving, what i thought it was going to be like, what the transition was going to look like, etc. i imagined this huge "shift", a profound, clear, obvious change into something better, and perhaps cooler. The summer was this constant readiness for something else, excited that there was a physical time it was going to start and take place. And tonight the Lord has taken hold of me and put me face to face with His consistency, steadfastness and faithfulness. He is the same yesterday, today and tomorrow. Gently and lovingly, He's taken me in His arms and said remember. No matter what house im sitting in, or what campus im attending school, its still a daily surrender of myself to glorify Him in my body.

While North Carolina is exciting and different, most everything in my life is still the same. I still constantly battle waking up in the morning, being a single gal in North Carolina stinks as much as it did in Texas, the Holy Spirit is still convicting and teaching me more intimately everyday, i have school/work responsibilities, the list goes on and on. As I sit back and think about all those expectations I had, I find myself feeling silly, wondering why I thought it was going to be so different.
The words of the psalmist speak such truth and reflect the current state of my heart.
Following Him, fearing Him will lead to understanding and wisdom in the places Im confused; seeking Him daily,reverently will answer the whys and hows i have about my future and relationships.

thats all i got for now.
God is good, all the time, His love endures forever.

grace & peace,
lish

1 comments:

  1. Anonymous said...

    I'm so proud of you, keep your eyes on Him. I love you, mom :)